ABOUT OUR GRAPHIC WRAPS
Dirty Graphix wraps are highly durable. These 16mil thick vinyl graphic wraps are made with exclusive Air-Pass Technology. Tiny channels have been cut into our highly aggressive, pressure-sensitive adhesive to give you the best vinyl product for heavy equipment. This means absolutely NO LIQUID is required for installation.
That being said, our wraps are not indestructible. It is critical that proper cleaning and installation procedures are used in order to ensure your vinyl graphic wrap lasts. Please carefully follow the instructions below for the best results when cleaning your machine and installing your wrap.
- Dirty Graphix Application Kit (Can be purchased HERE)
-4” Hard Squeegee- DG Degreaser- DG Wrap Wash- DG Surface Prep- DG Ceramic Wrap Wax
- Small utility blade (snap-off style recommended)
- Paper towels (dye-free, lint-free)
- Heat gun or hair dryer
- Application key
- Store wrap indoors at a minimum temperature of 60F until ready to install.
- Roll out your new vinyl graphic wrap and let it sit for at least one hour.
- Remove any pre-existing graphics using heat.
- Remove any remaining adhesive using an adhesive remover.
- Apply the DG degreaser. Follow the product directions located on the label.
- Apply DG Wash until all surfaces are completely clean of any dirt, grime, lint, etc..
- Apply the DG Surface Prep. Follow the product directions located on the label. *Do not use any oil based products to clean your machine, (ie. WD40, Pledge, etc.). These will leave an oily residue behind and can cause issues with adhesion.INSTALLATION
- Lift a piece of the graphic wrap off the backing (apply larger pieces first), and hold it above the area it is to be applied to, getting as close as possible to the correct position.
- Lightly adhere one corner of the wrap piece to the machine and rotate the opposite corner until it is positioned properly. Lightly apply the opposite corner.
- If you are satisfied with the position, run your finger or thumb down the center of the wrap piece to adhere it. If you are not satisfied with the position, it is ok to remove the adhered corners and retry.
- Lift up one end of the wrap piece and pull it back towards the center, already adhered, area.
- While keeping the wrap piece off the machine with one hand, use the opposite hand to squeegee in ‘up and down’ strokes across the piece, starting from where the center is already adhered. Use the squeegee to complete the other half.
- Continue steps 1-5 until all wrap pieces are applied, and then go over the entire wrap with a heat gun. Trim any excess/overhanging edges on the wrap.
- Let your wrap sit for at least SIX hours for the adhesive to fully cure before using your machine. *24 hours is highly recommended.
*DISCLAIMER: DIRTY GRAPHIX IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INSTALLATION ERRORS OR DAMAGE TO THE WRAP AS A RESULT OF IMPROPER INSTALLATION OR MISHANDLING.
A little heat (ex. a hairdryer), will easily help remove the wrap.
The Dirty Graphix Applicatin Kit, and a heat gun (a hairdryer will do just fine) is all you will need to install your graphic wrap.
With our step-by-step installation guide, It's hard to make a mistake. However, if you do end up needing a new piece, reach out to us ASAP to discuss the replacement process. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 651-390-0439.